Sunday, November 27, 2011

Cheers to the Holidays!

Joy to the world, the Holy days are upon us once again, and while most of the population of Hollywood (and beyond) is warding off their inner-Scrooge and venturing outdoors to flex those credit cards by participating in the age old tradition of extreme consumerism (beware the pepper spraying moms shopping at Walmart!)...


...I've decided to kick back once again, armed with a cold pint of my favorite brew in hand (Stella Artois), and take full advantage of great deals via the good ole' interwebs.  Cheers to life without Holiday stress!  




I've also taken advantage of the Hollywood "down-time" by revving up the creative engine and shepherding a number of new projects into development for 2012. 

Do you enjoy physical comedy?  Mystical adventure?  Sexy Genies?  The voice of God? 

Well these are just a few of the groovy elements that will be popping up in some of the new projects I'm developing, and as always, I promise I'll do my best to make you L.O.L. (that's "Laugh Out Loud" for all you social media-acronym challenged peoples).

The other day I was watching one of my favorite Holiday movies "Elf" and I got to thinking about Santa's sleigh breaking down in Central Park near the end of the flick.  Remember that part?  So sad.  The sleigh's jet engine broke and Santa pleaded for everyone to perk up their Christmas spirit to help make the sleigh fly again.  So there I was on the sofa, just as I had done so many times in the past during this part of the movie, yelling at the top of my lungs, "I believe!!!" 

Okay, perhaps that's a bit of an over-exaggeration, but I was definitely yelling it on the inside.  Then I got to thinking, wouldn't it be cool if Santa ditched the old fashioned sleigh and packed his trusty reindeer inside of an all-American hot rod?  I mean, who doesn't love a classic muscle car?  That would seriously rrrRRROCK!


Looking back at the past twelve months, I'm checking off the things I feel I've accomplished, the ways in which I've given of myself, and other ways I feel I could improve as a person.  I'm hopeful for a place on Santa's "nice" list again this time around.  

I still get excited for my favorite Holiday and for the quality time I get to spend with my family and friends.  When Christmas eve arrives, the six-year-old inside me still has the same reaction to the idea of Santa coming down the chimney (it's a very similar reaction to the video clip from "Elf" below).




I hope 2011 has brought you many gifts and blessed you with an abundance of growth, opportunity, and joy at every turn.  I look forward to celebrating a brand new year and hearing about all of your amazing accomplishments as we continue this magnificent journey called "life." 

Blessings and Happy Holidays! 

Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment